Friday, June 27, 2008

My Pleasure

This year I made a decision to support Republic Poly Dragon Boat Team, and this evening, the whole team came by to pick up their full collection of jersey. When i got back home and I found an email from Andruew .. here it goes.

Hi Shenzi,

On behalf of the entire Republic Polytechnic Dragonboat Team, I would like to express my gratitude by saying Thank You. I know that just by saying the phrase "Thank You" may not be enough, but what I can assure you is that you have given us back hope, determination, power and strength to perserve and push on. I must admit that due to financial difficulties some of my paddlers have, when they heard about the costly sum of money to represent RP in the World Club Crew Championship. They had the fire to win, but they felt that their dreams were being dashed. Bonds between friends were doubt, trust in others began to waiver. However Mr. Shenzi Chua, you have actually brought back the dream, the sponsorship you have given us means so much. I have never work for such a company where the director believes and supports his ambassador's dream.

My team has never been in such a state where everyone is so focused, determined and all out to kill. Few years ago, everyone laughed at us, felt that we were a joke in the fraternity. Sang songs at the starting point to prove their dominance over us. We just kept it calm and composed, waiting for the day to prove them all wrong. We have done it once and we further do it again. We ruled the waters of seletar, and now this weekend the waters of Bedok will be ours for the taking. The jerseys adds on as an additional boost to go for the extra charge, we will prove to all, the Jersey to represent the greatness of NUM and RP. This Sunday, my team will give their all, we will paddle as one, hearing the sounds of the drum being played, feel the waters pass our blades, and draw as hard we can ever possibly can, feeling the surge through our veins. In our minds, the only way we can express our gratitude is the result that we are going to achieve. In life, chances dun come easily, and the chance you have given us gives us the faith. From the bottom of everyone in my team and my heart Thank you for believing in us. Mr Shenzi Chua, you will always be a part of Republic Polytechnic Dragonboat History and someone I would always be in debted too.


Every good team like great individual deserves a chance to be rewarded, i am merely doing my small part to show my support for their efforts. The design I have created for the team, with the tagline "You Will Never Row Alone", i hope I can inspire them to go further.

No comments: