Friday, September 12, 2008

3 monkeys and a baby !

Kevin, Vincent and Adam asked me out for dinner today. I have not met them for about 2 months ever since they left for NS, and it was a good time catching up.

This gesture touched me a great deal. They made a point to celerate my birthday. Most importantly, 3 poor NSmen, insisted treating a director. I was moved, really.

When i got back to the office, I found yet another email from an outgoing num ambassador. sherman is leaving for Ns soon ...

Dear Shenzi!

Firstly I would like to wish you a Happy belated Birthday! May your wishes for yourself and the company come true.

As I spent the last 2 weeks after quitting NUM I found out how much I missed NUM. The openings, closings, serving customers, seeing satisfaction on customers' faces, using the POS, doing stock checks etc. It had been closed to 7 months since I joined this company and throughout this phase of my life I leant many lessons that I can carry with me for the rest of my life.

I still remembered the first time when I stepped into your office for the 2nd interview I was thinking to myself I definitely must perform in this interview and give you the best first impression (it counts doesn't it?) if not confirm will not get hired because I'm speaking to the DIRECTOR of a well-known brand in Singapore! A little stressed-out me finally was hired. Hooray!!!

Then came the first day at work... then the second day... and so on. From a person who has no retail experience I can say out loud that NUM has transformed me into a ambassador capable to handling, serving and doing transactions pretty well and smoothly. Of course this would not be possible without the help of the seniors, ICs, fellow ambassadors (we learnt quite alot from each other as well!), your management staffs and also you. From the way you, Calvin and James handle this company I'm sure in no time NUM will be a globalised brand where it will be not only a place to get presents and shopping but also a place where customers will be able to relax and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere (and of course be back again).

NUM is a place where many friendships were built. I made many wonderful friends in this period of time, mainly Daniel Ker, Wilson Chan, Alvin Phua, Desmond Lau, Isyandi, Husaini, Seng Kiat, Nigel, James, Fauzee, Hidayat, Wei Long, etc. There are also the ICs that helped me along the way and I would also like to thank them very much. People like Josh, Kelvin P.K, Daniel (Selemat), Bernie and Wei Cong. Thank you Colin, Junior, Ying, Ben Fei, Ben jie and the management staff also! Jiayou!!! For those not mentioned thank you very much!

May NewUrbanMale.com continue to prosper in the upcoming years!!!

Sherman
Ex-NFF Spartans

p.s Wheehlock NUM rocks! :)

No comments: