Monday, September 8, 2008

More ..

As the company grows, the only concern I have is whether as a team, now with more than 200 of us, if we will drift apart. It is emails like this one, from NUMboys that give a lot of encouragement for me to move further, and to strive harder ...

Morning Shenzi, this would be the first time I would be writing something personal to you on how I am and the experience I've gotten so far working in NUM. This would be the first of many that I would be writing to you.

I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to work in NUM, I remember chancing on the Interview as I went to the toilet in Cineleisure before catching a movie. Decided to go for it as I had loads of freetime, working for NUM would be fun, a privilege and it would look good on my resume.

I remember the interview I had with both you and Colin. Back than I didn't know that you were the Director of NUM. If I knew back than; I would definately have pee-ed in my pants literally as it would have been nerve wrecking.

Working in NUM so far has been really fun and at the same time enriching . Experience through work and life lessons that you preach constantly has matured me in many ways.

I would like to thank you for posting me to Premium; working in Premium sales do not come as easy compared to other shops. People would walk up to you if you're selling flipflops but in Premium being proactive is key. Working in Premium has certainly made me more eloquent, confident in approaching customers and proactive; these factors has considerably attribute into moulding me into a better sales ambassadors. I would like to mention a few people for helping me along the way. Firstly, the two ICs of Premium, Han Long and Hongyi for their patience and guidiance. Secondly, Hidayat and Josh for adding Fun into work. Lastly but sadly, Xueyao; Xueyao is the person I've worked most over the past four months in NUM. He taught me loads of things in Premium and in NUM. I was shocked, disappointed and full of regret when I've learnt of what he had done. Till now I still think that could I had prevented this?

Now as I take up more responsibilities as Premium is short of people; I would certainly impart what I've learned so far in Premium to the rest of the newer collegues assigned to Premium. And of course, the learning process for me has not come to an end, everyday is a new day where the learning would never end, soaking in everything like a sponge.

Lastly, I'll be frank. Shenzi; I respect you, for your success in NUM and values. There is a lot of things I would like to learn from you, so do teach me! Heh that is all for now, there is a lot more things to tell ya, but I just have to leave it to next time. Have a great week ahead! Back to mugging for me!

No comments: