Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Letter from Leslie

Other than many things we have gone through together, Leslie is one who got the most scolding from me, but in many ways he sticked himself closely for a long time ...

Hi Shenzi, i would like to take this chance to thank you again.

Many things will not be possible if i wasn't selected to be part of the NUM family 2 years and 3 months ago.

I still remember when i was filling up my 2nd application form at main, you instantly remembered that you interviewed me before and asked me,"i don't need you to fill the form again. when can you work?"

The next thing i know, i was called for training, the first mass recuitment cum first training conducted by yourself.

It was a memorable experience because i doubt any of the ambassador had the chance to be trained by you.

Along the way, i've been wilful with my action and even got into a fight with kevin. When you called us down, i was expecting to get sacked. Instead, you reasoned with us and explained things to us.

All of us always say to have learn so much from you and i feel that without you, without NUM, many of us wouldn't be who we are today. You taught me alot of things, even things that you didn't teach me directly but from your way of working.

Not forgetting those sunday parties, you've opened my eyes to a different aspect of life. Because from these parties, i've learnt what's the meaning of work hard, play harder :p

Speaking of sunday parties, there's this one particular iccident i'm thankful to you. I can still remember it was your birthday and the venue was at attica2. Apparently, some "woman" tried to get me drunk. Well, i think you should know what happened but let's not go into details. she did got me drunk and almost brought me home. You stopped her in time and saved me :) if it wasn't for you, i couldn't imagine what would have happened to me.

I still remember this quote from you, "many things in life, you don't get a second chance." But i know, since day one until now, you've given me a lot of chances to repent and learn from my mistakes.

From my personal view and various working experiences, NUM is run more like a family than an organization. That's why everyone's so close to each other and why NUM is so successful.

I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for the past 2 years odd and i wish all the best to you, calvin, james, and the whole NUM family.

The fat going-to-be-firefighter,
Leslie :)

1 comment:

hanlong said...

HAHA leslie! i still rmb tt u nearly got into a fight with Kevin! HAHA come to think of it...it's damn funny...and YES i also know that the "woman" got u drunk! HAHA!...anyway i've known u for quite sometime too...enjoy ur CD life dude...hope to see you around soon...!