Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Letter from Wilson

Wilson wrote me an email today. I never know that one who is quiet can say so much and has got so much to say. My pleasure really, to have the chance to work with all these fine young men. I hope that each and everyone of them, with what they have learnt here, will eventually bring success to their own lives.

Dear Shenzi,

As I'm packing my bag for a new phase of life tomorrow, I'm looking back on the good days I had with NUM.

I could vividly remember how I got into NUM. Since it was my first retail job, I was really afraid I couldn't live up to the expectations of it. I never walked into any of the shops in my life before I got recruited, and my impression of the company as Victor had described was that everyone was very fun. In the end, I almost blew it all in my first interview as well, as I thought I was only required to provide my details and presto, I'm in! Fortunately, I managed to regain my composure, thanks to Colin as well, who tried to guide me along.

In NUM, everyday is not only about learning how to serve customers or doing stocks. It is a learning experience in life. I believe all of the ambassadors will agree that none of them leave with nothing valuable. For me, I was hardly able to communicate to anyone at first, and naturally, promoting stuff was a bother. What I later learnt is that the selling tactics of NUM was totally different, and more agreeable with me. Again, I must thank Colin, 'cos the amount of stuff he taught, is enough to trigger my interest in sales and fashion.

Through NUM, you also get to experience a different form of culture that you'll rarely experience from other jobs: working in an all-guys enviroment. Ok, I'm not trying to be sexist, but I feel that NUM is so successful is because guys are less prone to having conflicts with each other for a long time. We can usually iron out problems face to face, and that is why there aren't any civil wars at all. No offence to Mooks alright. I think we have sort of influenced them with this too. heehee.

The most valuable stuff you gain when you walk out of NUM is the friendships forged in this period of time. I guess this is needless to explain right? Many friends = A lot of love, even if you don't have a girlfriend. :D

Of course, how can I forget to thank you so much for opening another path to me in my life. I always love the inspirational quotes and lessons you have about life, not to mention I keep some of the emails from NCC to refer back when I'm down. Continue to update your blog alright? I'm a avid reader and its really interesting. Thank you for being such a good teacher and please continue to inspire more people in years to come!

It has been a pleasant and unforgettable experience for me in NUM. I am proud to have been a NUM ambassador. Till then, I wish you success and all the things you want to do, and maybe we'll see NUM going overseas soon?

Wilson

No comments: